Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Now I Know WHY?!

For a long time, I wanted to attend Hillsong Music College after I graduated High School. In fact, I couldn't wait! So the summer after I graduated from Lafayette Christian Academy, July 2004, I went with Pastor Tessy and Micah to Sydney, Australia to check it out. While I was there, I heard God speak so strongly in my life. He said, "Go back home." Now, I don't normally hear the audible voice of God. However, this time I did! I knew it wasn't where I was supposed to be. It was a bitter sweet moment for me though. For as long as I can remember I had dreamed of this incredible opportunity and now God is telling me NO. However, I was at peace because I heard His voice. I remember riding down the elevator with Pastor Tessy and I told her what God had told me. I knew I had heard from God, but for the first time I now know WHY?!
While we were praying for Katie Muguira in church on Sunday, I felt God's sweet presence cover me. You see, Katie is moving to Colorado to attend New Life School of Worship. I am beyond excited for her and what God is going to do in her life.....(Back to my story) While we were praying for her, God audibly told me that "Rachel I have called you to train and teach those around you and send them out- NOT YOU!
It was pretty profound to me. The Family Church is a training ground for musicians all over the world.
Looking back, I am beyond grateful for listening to God's voice 7 years ago. Because now I know WHY.

Listen for His voice this week!