Thursday, August 25, 2011

Are you in love with God or just His stuff?

Last night I closed worship in church service, and I had mentioned this statement, "Are you in love with God or just His stuff?" Well, this morning it is still heavy in my spirit. God is REALLY challenging me in this area. Rachel, you love me for me or what I bring? The more I think about it, the more I realize that He loves me just for being me and nothing else. He died for those that will reject Him their entire life! Now, that's love right there! God even loves people who Hate him--just for being them. Pretty Powerful. I know I can't say the same :)

The irony is that while God doesn't NEED us but still WANTS us, we desperately NEED God but don't really want Him most of the time. (This quote comes from the book- "Crazy Love")

Lord, today I choose to love you for just being YOU. If you never do another thing for me, you have done enough already. I love you God just the way you are....because you do the same for me.

Have a blessed day!