Thursday, August 11, 2011

Give to Gain...humbly stated

At the beginning of every year, I always have a list of New Years Resolutions....But there is always one New Years Resolution that stretches me the most---Giving up some type of food or drink! There are many reasons I do this- I struggle with BALANCE! (Humbly stated-hear my heart...) For the past four years, I have kept up with my end of the bargain....gave up coffee one year, chocolate, pasta, soft drinks...yeah the NO COFFEE YEAR was the hardest for me! I just love my *Starbucks* :) However, this year I really prayed on what I should give up. The funny thing is, I never got a peace about anything that I could/want to give up (Inside I was excited..thinking I was getting off the hook!). Then God began to show me, there are seasons for giving more to gain more. This year, God is teaching me BALANCE and how to say no (not just in the area of eating) when God says no .This might sound kinda crazy, but this resolution has been the hardest for me. I'm that all or nothing type of person, so balance isn't an easy thing for me. But God is forever with me. If I want to be all that HE has called me to be--I must give to gain.

The same is true with God, I have to give more of myself to Him, in order to Gain more of His presence in my life. How much do I want?...that's the real question. And in different seasons, He will require more of me. My relationship with Him is determined by my longing for Him....Just so glad I don't have to have a Balance with HIM!

Give to Gain Today!

No comments:

Post a Comment