Friday, August 19, 2011

Girl Up!

Every Thursday morning at 6am I attend a girl small group at Starbucks, Coffee Depot, or Shoneys. Well, this thursday morning I had the priviledge of leading the group and I wanted to share with you what we talked about...

Psalms 51:16-17 (NIV)
You do not delight in sacrifice, or I would bring it; you do not take pleasure in burnt offerings.
The sacrifices of God are a broken spirit; a broken and contrite heart, Oh God, you will not despise.

-First thing I think of is a Gift (Present) that you give to or get from someone. I NEVER want to give something broken to somebody...or ugly...or worthless...or something that they just don't like.
So this scripture really messes with my head!!!  Because what God wants is totally opposite of what humans want---HE WANTS BROKENNESS!

WHY DOES HE WANT BROKENNESS???
 Because we wouldn't need Him if we weren't broken..The cross would be pointless...A Savior would be pointless...And leaning on Him would be pointless..

So, I think God's FAVORITE thing to do is USE BROKEN PEOPLE! Because that's what He is good at- Fixing us and molding us into His image...Plus He can just Show Off His handiwork!

Imperfect People need a Perfect God. (Which applies to ALL of us believe it or not :)

-Second Thing I realized is that in the Amp Bible it says..."my sacrifice to God is a broken spirit."

WOW!! What is my SACRIFICE to Him? A Broken Spirit?!?!  Are you kidding me? Not a love for people...a great family...going to an amazing church...a relationship with Him .....Nope none of these things is your sacrifice to Him. They are great things but you're sacrifice to Him (you're offering) is a Broken Spirit (repentant/humble heart), because then He can mold you in any way shape or form in your relationship with Him.

-You see, A relationship with Him is what we are created for.
-A broken Spirit is our offering (sacrifice) to Him...It's what I can bring to Him....Myself.

So, I have to come before the Lord broken for God to do a work in my relationship with Him.

In Psalms 51:10-12, it says....
"Create in me a pure heart, Oh God, and renew a steadfast spirit within me. Do not cast me from your presence or take your Holy Spirit From me. Restore to me the joy of your salvation and grant me a willing spirit to sustain me.

David was broken before the Lord after he had sinned with Bathsheba..and his brokenness lead him to repentance.

-The cool thing about Brokenness is that it softens your heart and leads you to repentance.
-Repentance heals a broken heart.

Get Broken-He Loves It!!

p.s. If you're a girl, Join me at Coffee Depot this week in Scott at 6am for Girl Up! It's a great way to start your day.







No comments:

Post a Comment