Wednesday, September 14, 2011

John 4:23-24

John 4:23-24
New International Version (NIV)
23 Yet a time is coming and has now come when the true worshipers will worship the Father in the Spirit and in truth, for they are the kind of worshipers the Father seeks. 24 God is spirit, and his worshipers must worship in the Spirit and in truth.”

1. The time is NOW! Not tomorrow, not yesterday, but NOW..This is what He is looking for today.
2. Worship in SPIRIT. God is not limited to one place. He is not just present in the church, but His presence is everywhere. Which means, don't just worship Him at church but in spirit (EVERYWHERE AND ALL THE TIME)
3. Worship in TRUTH. God's word (the Bible) is truth. When I read his word, I am worshipping Him in TRUTH- Because I believe His promises are true and not what the world says...

So how can I worship in spirit and in truth the rest of this week?
By talking to God throughout the day, reading His word, and actually believing in His word. 

The more I think about this scripture- the more I realize that's what He looks for all day long! 
This IS your Worship!

P.S. HIS TRUTH- HE THINKS YOU'RE AMAZING!! BELIEVE IT :)