Friday, September 9, 2011

ARE YOU A READER?

Growing up I HATED to read. But as I got older, I started MAKING myself read, because of a statement my dad said in the car one day that really stuck with me. We were talking about someone in particular and he said, "that guy is really smart...He reads a lot." I know it's hard for you to believe- but I'm not smart :) lol...No Seriously, I'm not. In high school I made good grades because I would study all the time, not because I was smart. School never came easy to me, and neither does common sense. But now, I don't make myself read. Over the years I have developed a LOVE for reading.  So hopefully, one day someone can say "that girl is really smart..she reads a lot."

I'm sure you've heard it said a number of times that "you can do anything you set your mind to."
I believe it's totally different once you experience that accomplishment... :) 

P.S. The book I am reading now is called, "IT." by Craig Groeschel. I highly recommend "IT" for church staff and leaders. It's a great read!