Monday, April 2, 2012

"Strongholds"

2 Corinthians 10:4 (nlt)
We use God's mighty weapons, not worldly weapons, to knock down the strongholds in our lives..

Stronghold- a fortress, tall gates, thick walls, old difficult discouraging challenges...

We have the Word of God, the Bible, (that's our weapon) to fight off the Strongholds in our lives.

-I want to destroy every proud obstacle that keeps me from knowing God more..( 2 Cor 10:5)

After David became king of Israel, he had to face a Stronghold and capture Jerusalem.

Nevertheless, David took the stronghold. The wall was difficult. Voices were discouraging. NEVERTHELESS he went thru in order to get the Breakthrough!

You need a NEVERTHELESS in your story!

Struggling with Pride NEVERTHELESS called to ministry.
Addicted to Drugs NEVERTHELESS great father and spiritual leader.

What's your Nevertheless?

With God's help, I can capture my "Jerusalem" and YOU can too! :)

Here's just a couple things I've been personally learning concerning this... Felt the need to share..
- Quit giving someone else the responsibility of making me happy.
-I can't love people if I don't love myself.
-If I'm critical with myself, I will be even more critical with others.
-If I demand perfection from others..I will get let down every time..NO ONE IS PERFECT- INCLUDING ME! Only JESUS IS!..so look to Him

Have an Awesome Week! You're a conqueror!!!