Wednesday, October 19, 2011

The Daily Process...

Have you ever heard people say? "I am so different than I was 10 years ago. "Kids changed my world, I learned how to be unselfish." "I used to be very healthy and athletic, but not anymore!"......
Well, for me personally, I have learned some stuff about the word CHANGE.
You see, growing up I was very messy, unorganized, and never had a schedule. My parents constantly told me to clean my room- Although I rarely ever did! (So when company would come over they would just close the door or clean it themselves. lol!) I was involved in many things in high school so I was always on the go. But honestly, there were always a couple of things that I hated to do- house chores, make my bed, clean my room, and stay organized on a daily basis. I ALWAYS told my Mom, that I couldn't wait to get married because I was hiring a Maid!....yep things do change! God has stretched me in these past three years like never before, and It has been all for the good, of course. You see, last night at 11:30, I was waiting for the towels to be done, cause I like to "stay on top of things." I always want the house clean and in order, I have a supper list for the entire week that I make on Sunday afternoons, I know our entire work schedule for the week and I plan accordingly. I am constantly re-prioritizing, when I get off track. (And I don't even have kids yet!) What has changed? My DAILY process! I asked God to show me how to get better for the rest of my life. I thought it would be a God moment, and the next day I would just be like Super Woman. No-It's a daily and continual Process! I have not arrived, nor will I ever, and I'm not here to brag but share my heart of what God spoke to me last night... "Rachel, my process is a process. It takes time, it's daily, and continual BUT It's life changing!!--that is My process."  I kind of laughed with God last night when He reminded me of how I used to be in this certain area and how I allowed Him to change me. So I must continue- THE DAILY PROCESS- It's NEVER over, but oh so worth it all!

P.S. "People often ask me how I keep my priorities straight in life and I tell them that it is done by constantly straightening them out!"- Joyce Meyer

Love, Rachel